- Movie outreach night in Oct--Pray for those we will invite and for the preparation of the event. It is a good opportunity for us to experience God and to work with others in unity.
- New pastor for English congregation--Pray that God provides the wisdom, the path and the selection, and through this process we all see His vision and direction as one body of Christ. Pray for the interim arrangement and the patience to seek His will. At the same time, thank God for Pastor Darren and his family for being faithful servants all these years and pray that God lead them every step of the way in the coming days.
- Fellowship retreat. Pray for the preparation going on right now, our speaker Pastor Clement, the safety on the road and most of all a heart to learn from God’s word and each other.
- Janet’s taking the driving test on Friday. Pray for her safety, confidence and calmness. (Pray for the DMV examiner and other cars on the road too. Hahaha…)
- Si-Yin’s knee and back pain. Pray that God will guide her through the treatment and give her the assurance that God’s watching over.
- The Chinese students in CSU East Bay. Pray that God prepares a way, through our church or others, to reach out to them and to build a bridge to the Good News.
- Chinese class will begin in Sept--Pray for the kids for a willing heart to come and their parents for opportunities to build relationships with them. Pray for the teachers and their wisdom and perseverance and especially their loving hearts. It is also a great way to disciple the teenage helpers.
- Choir--Choir practice has resumed, and we pray that God provides us more people in His time.
Thursday, August 23, 2007
Monday, August 20, 2007
Last Sat we had home fellowship at Alvin's place. After singing some songs, many of us shared on things God allowed us to experience during the week....from jury duty to God's guidance at work to drinking the water from a swimming pool scheduled to be cleaned. In the special program, each of us had to teach the others some skill or trick in 5 min. We learned some Mandarin tongue-twister, poker card trick, exercises, origami craft and maintenance on car, teeth and cat. The fun time continued with the BBQ dinner and later some interesting conversation and card games. It was great that some of our parents and family members were able to join us too. What a blessed day!
Below is the 绕口令 Aggie taught us. Can you do it?
yī píng pén miàn,lào yī píng pén bing,bing pèng pén,pén pèng bing.
一 平 盆 面 ， 烙 一 平 盆 饼 ， 饼 碰 盆，盆 碰 饼 。一 平 盆 面 ， 烙 一 平 盆 饼 ， 饼 碰 盆，盆 碰 饼 。
Friday, August 17, 2007
The committee will have a meeting this Sunday afternoon to work on the Sept to Nov 2007 schedule. We will also need to finalize the retreat items. Joan is helping us on the campbook design in HK and Emily and Joyce are trying to come up with a meal schedule. Felix has already contacted the retreat site for direction and instruction, and transportation arrangement is being made. Another news is Angela C-Mo will join us. At some point we really worried about the lack of attendants in this retreat, but God not only provided us a wonderful site (http://www.sugarpinecabin.com/) but also the people to make it happen. Please keep praying for the retreat and our speaker Passtor Clement. Certainly we will post the pictures and sharings here later.